Hello my food lovers! I hope the past weekend was lovely for everyone. I spent mine running some errands and trying to fix some bugs in my blog and preparing a new content for the month of October! yay! I’m excited to share with you what I have prepared and I hope that this month would be a good one and I can balance between my full time job and my blog. (fingers-crossed!)
So let’s go back to this post’s title and chat about the lovely Elizabeth Wangare and her blog, Cent Buzz, and Paul Albert and his blog, Daddy Goes Bananas, who graciously nominated me TWICE for the Blogger Recognition Award!
First of all, I just want to take a moment and thank them both for nominating my blog. Let me tell you briefly about these amazing two! Elizabeth Wangare is a finance blog writer who helps people save and manage their money. Paul Albert is a children’s entertainer, a husband and a father for two cute girls. He blogs about parenting and life lessons that he shares with his audience. I love his posts and his sense of humor in writing. If you haven’t already checked Elizabeth and Paul’s blogs please do! They’re both amazing!
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The Blogger Recognition Award is given to bloggers by bloggers who appreciate the hard work, dedication and vast amount of hours we all put into each and every post, as well as keeping the website current and updated. It’s also a great way to read other blogs and to find new readers for your own blog! The guidelines are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How My Blog Got Started
I started Dates with Lara last December. The main intent behind it was that through this blog I can mix my two favorite things: Cooking and Photography. Since I was a kid I had a passion for cooking and creating new recipes or editing classic ones, and for years I wanted to start a blog. So last year I finally decided to take that step and have my own blog where I share either my own recipes or inspired ones. The name behind my blog was to represent what I do and the kind of experience I wanted to share with my audience. A name that would show that I come from the middle east and would draw some kind of a one-to-one experience where you give me your time and attention and I give you the secrets behind these mouthwatering photos.
Two Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers
- Be Consistent. This can be achieved by setting yourself a schedule. Figure out how much time you can commit to writing, and commit to it. Whether posting 3 times a week or once a week, inorder to be able to keep posting each week you should stay consist. Find yourself a routine and be fully committed.
- Strive for excellence. Present your best content; best photos and great ideas. Your audience still don’t know who you are. Your readers only know what you show them, so show them your best! And consequently, you’ll start seeing results.
My Nominees for the Blogger Recognition Award
You should definitely check out these bloggers!
- Heart and Stripes
- Baking You Happier
- Hint of Lavender
- Life with Clarity
- Natalie Journeys
- J’adore Le Decor
- HL Social Media
- Kori Evans Photography
- Crazy Mommy
- Framing my Adventures
- Maggie A La Mode
- Sol Salute
- Simple Living Nursing Mama
Keep up the good work everyone!